Red, Wine and Blue 2019 Rib Cook-Off Team Registration

Red, Wine and Blue 2019 Rib Cook-Off Team Registration

Regular price $125

or

This is an invitation to register your cook off team for the inaugural Red, Wine and Blue event happening on July 7th at Vinovium, located at 214 Edmonds Ave., Johnson City TX, 78636. 

In this first year we are limiting the total number of teams to 15, which will entirely be focused on SPARE RIBS (Baby Back ribs are not an approved meat for this competition). The competition will be comprised of two parts, a professionally judged competition and a People's Choice competition. There is a single registration fee for both competitions, but they are not weighted equally. The pot size from the professionally judge competition will comprise of 40% of the total registration fee (or $50), while the People's Choice will comprise of the remaining 60% (or $75) - 90% of all bbq team registration fees will go to the Top 3 placing teams at a 50%, 30% and 20% split in each competition.

  • Total Pot Size For Professionally Judged Competition - $750 x 90% = $675 (1st Place: $337.5 - 2nd Place: $202.5 - 3rd Place: $135)
 
  • Total Winnings For People's Choice Competition - $1125 x 90% = $1012.50 (1st Place: $506.25 - 2nd Place: $303.75 - 3rd Place: $202.50)

This registration page is simply to reserve your spot in the competition. Following your teams registration will be the rules and competition guidelines that are being modeled after IBCA and Lone Star Barbecue Society Sanctioning Rules. These rules and guidelines will be emailed to the email address used at registration. 

We have consulted with Burgess and Tami Cook out of Dripping Springs to ensure that this competition is ran professionally and fairly, but is also worthy of your time, energy and dollars.

Complete Rules and Guidelines 

________________________________________________________________________

 

Simultaneously with this rib cook off competition is a Texas wine crawl featuring 15+ wineries, along with live music throughout the day, including an evening concert from 5-7pm, and 15+ local vendors and artisans. Total attendance for the event is expected to reach 375 - 500 ppl, with the total available tickets capped at 500.

*100% of all registration fees generated by the wineries and local vendors will go towards supporting a scholarship for students pursuing higher education in grape growing and winemaking in Texas. 

 

x

Welcome to the Loyalty Points Demo Store :-)

Sign up and receive 5000 pts to test out in our Store.

Earning and redeeming Loyalty Points

$1
Earns you
5
$1
Redeems to
100

Ways you can earn

  • Product Purchase
  • Refer a friend
  • Share on social media

Learn more about our program