'Sketch' Texas, Viognier Blend, 2018
Viognier (70%) - High Cross Vineyard / Vermentino (20%) - Westcave Cellars Estate / Moscato Giallo (10%) - Westcave Cellars Estate
Production Notes / Hand harvested Viognier from High Cross Vineyard in Sonora TX, of which 20% was barrel fermented in 500L French Oak and allowed to age on lees for 6 months, the remaining 80% was stainless steel fermented. The estate Vermentino and Moscato Giallo from Westcave Cellars estate was hand harvested and fermented separately in stainless steel. The Moscato Giallo was harvested at 3.1 pH to blend beautiful natural acidity into the wine. The result is a rich, refined wine that has a prolonged and integrated acid structure. The final wine’s assemblage was created in April 2019, and bottled unfiltered via gravity in May 2019. The label is a Texas charm bracelet designed by world-famous sketch artist, Mila Sketch.
Alcohol: 13.4% / pH: 3.4 - - - Production: 80 cases
Tasting Notes / This wine truly exhibits a complex bouquet of aromas - bruised pears and red delicious apples, mandarin orange, grapefruit peels, and brined fresh herbs are nicely layered. Secondary characteristics reminiscent of traditional Rhone-Style White blends including fresh white flowers with enhanced minerality. The orchard fruits and minerality are confirmed on the palate. The wine is medium plus body, has moderate acid, and a long finish. The wine elegantly pairs intensity of fruit and richness of body, with lifted acid and freshness.